Applicants for graduate study should submit the following information to the Graduate School; all necessary forms can be downloaded from the Graduate School's Forms & Resources page:
- an application form
- official college or university transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- official Graduate Record Examination scores; applicants to the doctoral program are also encouraged to submit scores from the Advanced Biology GRE, if they have completed that exam
- application for Assistantships
- Proof of Immunization form
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Financial Information form
- copy of passport
In addition, a resume or CV should be sent by email to the Graduate Admissions Coordinator in the Department of Biology (BiolGradProgram@louisiana.edu); send a PDF file named using your family name as the start of the filename (i.e. Smith_CV.pdf); do not use a compressed file format (zip or rar).
Applicants to the doctoral and MS thesis programs must identify a prospective graduate advisor with whom to conduct research and who is willing to support your application; you should inform the Graduate Admissions Coordinator once you have identified a faculty advisor. Visit our Faculty and Staff page to learn more about faculty research.
The Graduate School is the best source for information on general application procedures.
More Information Needed?
Contact the Graduate Admissions Coordinator in the Department of Biology (BiolGradProgram@louisiana.edu) if you have any additional questions about the program.