For a full explanation of the application process for domestic applicants, download this letter from our graduate coordinator.
- an application form
- official college or university transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- official Graduate Record Examination scores; applicants to the doctoral program are also encouraged to submit scores from the Advanced Biology GRE, if they have completed that exam
- applications for Fellowships and Assistantships
- Proof of Immunization form
In addition, a resume or CV should be sent by email to the Graduate Admissions Coordinator in the Department of Biology (Dr. Scott France); send a PDF file named using your family name as the start of the filename (i.e. Smith_CV.pdf); do not use a compressed file format (zip or rar).
Applicants to the doctoral and MS thesis programs must identify a prospective graduate advisor with whom to conduct research and who is willing to support your application; you should inform the Graduate Admissions Coordinator once you have identified a faculty advisor. Visit our Faculty directory to learn more about faculty research.
The Graduate School is the best source for information on general application procedures.